This course has been designed to serve as an introduction to recognising people over 50 who are at risk of problematic drinking and potential alcohol related harm. It will be helpful for those who have regular contact with over 50s who drink alcohol and may be at risk and/or may be socially isolated.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and consider alcohol use in the over 50s
- Understand what a unit is and how to calculate units
- Understand the government guidelines on alcohol
- Understand the concept of life transitions and how they might impact on alcohol use in the over 50s
- Recognise the signs and symptoms associated with alcohol use in the over 50s